Sunday, March 13, 2011

Speisekammer

For a friend's birthday last weekend, we went to Speisekammer in Alameda.

The outdoor "garden" seating definitely contributed to the fun atmosphere of the event (not to imply that with all the beer had, we needed help creating the right atmosphere). The service was great and I was impressed by the variety of German beers... and beer sizes.

I admit that I stuck in the .3 liter size because I wanted to survey the selection. They also offer a standard .5 liter glass.

The birthday boy, however, opted for 1 liter "boots"–pictured above. Boots also come in 2 liters as well.

Go on a sunny day.  I hear that we'll be having one some day.  I also recommend that you come willing to make friends of passers-by.

beer garden, Alameda

No comments:

Post a Comment